YOUR FIRST CHOICE:
PREMIER SYDNEY LUXURY HOME BUILDERSAt Merit Home we take enormous pride in putting you our client first. It’s probably the main secret behind our enviable reputation for being unsurpassed as a luxury home builder. Not forgetting, of course, our inspired architectural designs and impeccable construction record. We bend over backwards to make sure your dream home is uniquely tailored to suit you, your needs, your lifestyle and your taste. And we keep you in the loop, every step of the way.
Like many outstanding businesses, Merit Homes has evolved surely and steadily, garnering a wealth of experience along the way. Established by brothers Antony and Darren Tuma in 1995, the company started from very humble beginnings. The majority of work in those days involved renovations and extensions, all with the hands-on customer focus that Merit Homes still prides itself on today.
And now? We’ve grown from a small home renovations business into one of Sydney’s leading custom home builders – all in 22 years. Here are some major milestones along the way:
- 1999 – we decided to enter the new home market.
- Our first display home – the first of five – won the Hills Shire Council awards for Best Display Home under $140,000, and the Most Energy Efficient Home.
- Merit Homes was now in direct competition with big volume builders. With outstanding outcomes, as unlike the ‘big boys’ we were directly involved with every aspect of our clients’ projects.
- Changed focus from project to custom design homes, winning several awards in this category.
- 2003 – we built our second display home at Kellyville Homeworld for $600,000. It again won Best Display Home from Hills Shire Council.
- In 2012 our latest display home The Elly at the Hills Shire Awards won Best Pool, Best Kitchen, Best Display Home and the Overall Winner of Building Excellence.
Since then Merit Homes has gone from strength to strength. You’ve no doubt heard of our flawless reputation for superb custom design homes. But at our core we remain the same hands-on family business, dedicated to delivering you friendly, personalised service, and the perfect prestige home of your dreams.
OUR RESULTS SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES
LEADERS IN LUXURY HOME DESIGNS AND CONSTRUCTION
We all know that great teamwork lies at the core of most successful businesses. This is certainly the case with Merit Homes. Our staff and contractors have been with us for a long time because we all love what we do. Together we’re totally focused on realising the unique home vision of you our client. And since we’ve now built around 250 individual homes, every single one of them different, we’ve become extremely good at what we do.
Merit Homes today:
- Our construction prices range from $1m to $2.5m
- We build all over the Sydney area
- Our homes range from single storey dwellings on acreage, to triple storey waterfront properties
- Our hands-on efficiency enables us to maintain 10 homes under construction at any one time
Outstanding individuals, seamless team
Merit Homes has always been run by brothers Darren and Antony Tuma, ably assisted by our harmonious, long-established team of specialist experts. Partner with Merit Homes for your custom built home and you’ll work with the following friendly professionals:
Darren Tuma. Central to your project, Darren holds an economics degree and a diploma in building. He’s responsible for the design of your home, plus the tendering and approval process. And because our operations are completely integrated, we always design a home to suit your budget. So unlike the case with many standard builders, you’ll never get any unpleasant cost overruns when it comes to the tender process.
We will carry out the detailed estimation of your home and our project managers work very closely with you to detail every aspect of your project, including selecting materials, and interiors, fittings and fixtures.
Antony Tuma is in charge of the construction phase of your home. Having worked on building sites for more than 40 years he knows pretty much everything there is to know about construction.
Antony Tuma Jnr, also known as ‘AJ’, or ‘Reno’, works with his father on site, along with our regular team of highly skilled, long-term contractors.
Katy is our friendly bookkeeper.
When you partner with Merit Homes each member of our long-term team is actively involved in every aspect of your project. You’ll find it’s extremely reassuring to be able to talk to the people who actually do the work. This is not the case with larger building companies.